FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Truist (fka Suntrust) Skymiles Check Card [see WIKI for offers]
Old Dec 1, 2016, 4:56 pm
Stgermainparis

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
What I frequently do with a couple of mine is use them to pay credit card bills directly. Costs a stamp, but I can do it without leaving my office and since I buy MOs at the grocery store I'm typically already there. Mine charges .69 per, so I'm looking at $2.76 for my 4k a month (Signature account).

As far as banks, I spread my deposits between a couple so I'm not depositing more than a couple MOs per transaction. They don't seem to care. What were they saying or doing that made it obvious it raised an eyebrow?
Ah, so you send MO via USPS to CC bank? Not a bad idea. Though the extra step and hassle is still annoying. As for the clerks at my other bank, they just always act surprised that I'm depositing MOs. If I could spread out 6-8k per month, then I would try that again. Maybe I need to open an account at credit union. How many do you deposit and it what intervals?

Originally Posted by JayTeaBee
I'm proud to report I have cancelled my ST account and retired from this particular game! It was good while it lasted but at this point it honestly isn't worth the time & effort for 48k miles a year and having to park 25k in a signature account.

It was a good product while it lasted, specifically before they introduced caps. If the cap was something like 10k, I probably would have kept it.
I'm envious of your conviction. I'm not quite ready to give up yet b/c it's nice to have the MO and BP option, but I'm starting to think there must be a better alternative.