FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Westin Golf Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal – All-Inclusive, Costa Rica [Master Thread]
Old Nov 30, 2016, 10:13 am
shinbal

Westin Playa Conchal - OUTSTANDING

Check In Excellent. Â First, a bellman took our bags to the side. Â He told us to check in, then they would drive us to our room. Â The concierge saw we were waiting and she took us through check in rather than have us wait for the occupied desk agents. Â It was smooth and easy. Â We were on a points stay and were upgraded as platinums to the Royal Beach Club. Â I was thanked a great deal for my platinum membership and commitment to Starwood. Â This concierge got the resort's Platium concierge on the phone who also welcomed us. Â Having not stayed there before, we didn't know about making advance reservations at restaurants. Well, Rebecca had done that for us already. Â We got our packet of info and maps, and were on our way. This was a textbook example of a great check-in experience. Room We were upgraded to the Royal Beach Club. Â We had a King bed. Â The room's size is nice, with a couch and sitting area. Â The bathroom has a large stall shower, separate toilet area with a door, and the main part of the bathroom has a large soaking tub. Â Very nice bath amenities were plentiful. We had a balcony looking out at the pool. Â Two simple chairs, not chaises. Â But it was comfortable and nice to sit on to relax, and for coffee in the morning. Â Overall, we were very comfortable the entire stay. Service This was one of the best service experiences I've had, particularly at an all-inclusive. Â Our concierges in the Royal Beach Club were outstanding. Â They helped change dining reservations, drove us through the resort day and night, and if we needed drinks, snacks, coffee, etc., it was taken care of immediately. Â The knew us by name and were incredibly friendly. Â Staff in restaurants was very good.It's clear the hotel has spent a good deal of time training people to a level of service they expect all guests to receive. Location One hour by car from Liberia airport. Â Plenty of beaches around and lots to do. Â Excursions are inexpensive. Overall We want to head back same time next year, but want to go for longer. Â The rates online for paid reservations are good relative to the experience and the service received. Â I can't say enough great things about the resort. Dining Plenty of food for every taste. Â We didn't experience the general buffet because we had reservations for all the restaurants. Â There is a restaurant for nearly every flair of food. Â Important to make reservations in advance to get the times you want. Â We didn't use room service, but people we met seemed to have good experiences. Â We ate well and enjoyed every meal.