FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ADP (Paris Airport management) invests in faster border controls
Old Nov 30, 2016, 3:31 am
orbitmic
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by NickB
I wonder whether NCE has any plans to follow adp and invest in automated border control technology in the near future. Paging orbitmic...
Always here my friend! I've heard of the Ministry's plans to install Parafe at NCE for years but am still to see any sign of it. When they finally introduced an entirely separate EU immigration route at T1, I thought this was finally it, and still hope so, but I have not seen anything coming yet. My sense is that the Ministry is broke and slowing down on equipment (hence, perhaps, AdP going its own separate route?) and I'd love NCE to do the same.

Incidentally, I keep getting more and more confirmation of how grossly inefficient the Parafe gates are compared to existing alternatives. Sure, LHR is already quite a bit better, but even that is a bit slow compared to the OSL and HEL equivalent which seem to work like a breeze. I'd personally estimate that it in the time one person clears Parafe, about 3-4 clear the OSL e-gates. I know speed is not everything but still...