FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bidding for biz seats
View Single Post
Old Nov 30, 2016, 2:47 am
NoWindowSeat
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by intuition
With access to several peoples account and several upcoming trips I can say that the bidding function is live for more destinations, perhaps on all?
Some observations:

3. Possible bids range from 100€ to 1000€. In my case the initial suggestion made by the interface is 460€, which is graded as "3,5 stars"on a 1-5 scale, while 470€ is a 4-star bid

I am guessing that at T-7 days, Finnair will scan the bids and accept the bids if they either are
a) silly high
or
b) they are risking an oversold situation and there are decent bids from flyers they want to upgrade.
The actual process is hidden - Finnair only says "there are a number of factors that decides if your bid is accepted."

[/INDENT]
Thanks, intuition, best description of the whole process I could find anywhere ^

We booked flights to SIN with a friend (who's not really a frequent flyer..) and he is suddenly very interested in upgrading to biz after I told him I burned my vouchers for the best possible value available on the network (albeit A350 but what can we do..)

Anyway, I tried to explain this bidding thing to him, something I have no first hand experience of..he got the hang of it soon and made what I think are quite reasonable (4*) bids for both legs..now he asks me is there any possibility of knowing the result earlier than the mentioned T-7 days..? I couldn't really tell but I asssume not as it wouldn't make much commercial sense would it..?

Thanks for any insight on the matter.