FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 13 hour layover in HND, air or Landside
View Single Post
Old Nov 29, 2016, 11:12 pm
chinatraderjmr

Programs: EK-IO, UA-1K2MM, ETIHAD-GOLD, SPG-PLAT LIFETIME, JUMEIRAH SERIUS GOLD
Originally Posted by jib71
Go landside. In fact, leave the airport entirely and stay in Tokyo. You have time to enjoy a little nightlife and inhale some non-airport air. Following morning, you can easily be back at HND for an 8:00am check-in.
I expect your airline can check your luggage through to your final destination, so you could enjoy the short stop unencumbered by heavy luggage.
I have spent (and will again spend) plenty of time in Tokyo so leaving the airport area for a quick rushed tour after a 14 hour flight doesn't appeal to me. However, while I have lots of experience connecting in NRT, I've only used HND in the past to start or end my trip. In general, on layovers under 16 hours I prefer airside airport hotels but that's really just either in DOH or DXB (where everything is open in the terminal 24/7. I really just plan to go to my hotel, order room service or go to the restaurant for dinner, watch a movie, sleep 8 hours and head over to the ANA suite lounge. All things being equal the airside hotel makes more sense but they don't serve room service (the landslide takes orders till 22:30 (I land at 20:40).

Are there any good places to eat AIRSIDE that are open late? Especially Sushi. I see there is a landslide sushi place in the terminal but that doesn't help if I decide to stay airside instead of landslide. Any help is appreciated