FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - F lounge in AUH opened 30MAY2016
View Single Post
Old Nov 27, 2016, 8:50 pm
flightcrew1

Programs: EY, QR Platinum, BA Gold
Originally Posted by B747-437B
I made my first visit to the lounge yesterday afternoon and was extremely disappointed by the entire experience.

I arrived at around 1240 for a 1420 flight, but was immediately told that I would need to leave in about 10-15 minutes so as to be at the gate for boarding promptly at 1305. I told them that was ridiculous since I didn't need 75 minutes to board in First Class, but she insisted that since it was an A380 I had to be there on time.

As a result, I also couldn't order anything from the menu (they said I needed at least 30 minutes to order and consume those due to the lounge being pretty full) and to my utter surprise they had no self-service or other ready snack options available. No nuts, no crisps, no packaged anything - nothing else to snack on if you have less than 30 minutes in the lounge. What a joke for a premium lounge.

One of the waiters suggested that I go to the old lounge instead which I did, and was able to have a quick bite from the buffet there instead. Went to the gate at 1325 and they were just starting boarding, after which we had a further 40 minute delay and only departed at 1500 (the boarding process was also a very poor experience but that is another story).

The entire experience is typically Etihad unfortunately. Over-promise and under-deliver. Very sad that the excellent on board product is complement by this disgraceful ground experience.
They tried this with us the other night. We arrived about 7:45p with our flight at 9:30p. We were told no time for ordering anything but the buffet was open. Not much on it but few salads, desserts and some sandwiches. However we talked to one of the wait staff and asked if we could order off the menu and told them we were short of time and they took care of us within 15 minutes. So for us they did go the extra mile. I have to say the shrimp and sliders were excellent.