FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Road Trip Advice- SD/MT/ID/MT/WA
View Single Post
Old Nov 27, 2016, 6:55 pm
TravelDoorsOut

Programs: UA, AA, Marriott
Road Trip Advice- SD/MT/ID/MT/WA

hey all,

My friend and I will be taking a road trip next in 2 days and wanted some opinions and inside tricks. We understand that some roads will be closed, so I hope the people on flyer talk will have some advise on how to get around the closures and maximize our experience.

We are flying ORD-MSP, starting our journey there in a 4x4 (35$ UA tix beats the 6-7 hour schlep through corn fields and flying back to ORD from SEA.

Tentative trip: From MSP- South Dakota (Rushmore and Badlands Ntl) - Grand Teton Ntl (drive through it, taking 191 through Teton to through Yellowstone) - Yellowstone Ntl - Idaho - Glacier Ntl - then into Washington and trying to see all 3 national parks, at least drive through.

We are planning driving at least 12 hours/day, minor hiking on the way. We have 7 days. I would truly appreciate an itenarary or how to go around road closures to see the most of Teton/Glacier/Yellowstone, Olympic/North Cascade/Renier.

I think the most important for us is Glacier/Teton/Yellowstone. The parks in Washington are a bonus. We love the outdoors, scenery, and some adventure. I know the road to the Old Faithful is closed, so any advice would be appreciated! I saw that winter tours are available Dec 15th, but we will be there Dec 1st/2nd. How do we get there?

Thanks!

Last edited by TravelDoorsOut; Nov 27, 2016 at 7:05 pm