FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Get "UNLIMITED" AA miles for less than $0.01 per mile
Old Apr 20, 2004, 1:02 pm
chicaloca453

Programs: UA Silver/ AA EXP/Hyatt Globalist/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by verse99
Why? It's not stealing! As long as you pay the eBay fees they still make almost $ 500 off you. It's all within the guidelines so they shouldn't care if my wife sells me a domain.

It's not stealing just like it is not stealing miles buyng 5000 cases of Kellogg's

Personal account have low limits.....

Okay guys, I want to clarify something. Ebay rules specifically state that family members and close friends CANNOT bid on one another's auctions. If you do, it is grounds for suspension. If you're suspended, you will lose your anything points as well. If you decide to take that risk, don't say I didn't warn you because you could get caught. That is why I said to use a more distant family member who lives in a different place and has a different last name. If you wife sells you something, you are going against ebay's policies and you could end up with more trouble than it was worth.

Perhaps stealing is a misleading word. I think it is just how ebay's mind would work if you're manipulating the system like this.

I never thought about the low limit thing. That is a good point.

But I want to re-emphasize not to bid on your wife's auction. If you bid on an item listed from your IP address, it sends off red flags to ebay, and they could investigate, especially if there are anything points involved. Sure, you're paying their fees, but they may not see your logic, and they do often suspend without reason. In looking through someone's feedback profile the other day, I saw half the sellers were no longer registered. It is like an ebay epidemic. If you want to risk it, then fine, but you're taking a big risk.

Last edited by chicaloca453; Apr 20, 2004 at 1:10 pm