FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Royal Ambassador experiences (Archive Thread 2016)
Old Nov 26, 2016, 9:49 pm
Raynyan

Programs: IHG Royal Ambassador
InterContinental Shanghai NECC

InterContinental Shanghai NECC

What is your IHG Rewards Club status?
Spire Royal Ambassador

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Mostly Yes

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked 2 rooms, Deluxe Suite with Opening Special Rate (for me) and Superior Room with Reward Night (for my friend). Initially received Club InterContinental Premier Room for Reward Night, and for Deluxe Suite was no upgrade. I negotiated with management then received Ambassador Suite. But management told me both Ambassador Suite and Presidential Suite are exception of RA upgrade, RA need to book Club Premier Room to receive highest upgrade. I received one time special, however this suite's hot water supply was not stable due to new open facility, I went back to the Deluxe Suite.

How are the rooms?
Club InterContinental Premier Room:
45sqm. But I felt it's smaller than 45sqm. Room itself was well appointed. Nespresso, 48 inches LCD TV, SPA style bathtub, toilet equipped the Washlet (but not TOTO's one). Toiletries are Agraria.

Video of Club InterContinental Premier Room

Deluxe Suite:
95sqm. But I felt around 80sqm. Room itself was quite decent suite. Nespresso, one 48 inches TV and one 55 inches TV, Bose audio system, twin basins, separated shower booth, SPA style bathtub, toilet equipped the Washlet (but not TOTO's one), and walk-in closet. Toiletries are Salvatore Ferragamo.

Video of Deluxe Suite

Ambassador Suite:
140sqm corner suite. Nespresso, 3x 55 inches LCD TVs with BOSE audio system, spacious living room and dining room with kitchenette, wine cellar (but not complimentary even for RA), twin basins, separated shower booth, round bathtub, toilet equipped the Washlet (but not TOTO's one), and walk-in closet. Toiletries are Salvatore Ferragamo.

Video of Ambassador Suite

How was mini-bar?
No hard liquor. One half bottle of Chile Red Wine, Japanese Beer(Asahi Super Dry), Chinese Beer(Tsingtao), Red bull, Coke, Coke Zero, Sprite, Pocari Sweat, Fiji mineral water, San Benedetto sparking water, and some snacks. Within the standard of Chinese InterContinental.

How is the exec. lounge?
Facilities are nothing special, but most decent F&B presentation in Shanghai's Club InterContinental Lounge. Staff English skill is a little bit poor, but much better than EXPO.

My feelings...
Facilities and atmosphere: Ruijin>Puxi>EXPO>NECC>Pudong
F&B: NECC>Puxi>Pudong≧Ruijin>EXPO
English skill: Ruijin>NECC≧Pudong>Puxi>EXPO

What was your welcome gift?
Paper knife, Bottle of French Red Wine, Cookies, and Sweet Dumpings

Did you receive fruit in the room?
Yes

What was good?
Room design
Friendly (but a little bit shy) staff
Club Lounge F&B presentation

What was bad?
View (Coz this district is still developing area)
Facilities maintenance is still not matured like Ambassador Suite's hot water supply
No hard liquor in mini-bar
Poor TV programs (Almost Chinese local programs. No BBC, NHK, TF1, DW, Aljazeera)

Value for $ or Rewards Club Points?
Yes, especially Opening Special rate for Suite and 25000 pts Reward Night for Club Premier Room.

Would you return?
Yes, but for business trip only. Access is good for Hongqiao Airport, but not located in commercial and sightseeing district. Probably my primary choice will be Ruijin.

Last edited by Raynyan; Nov 27, 2016 at 4:45 am