FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - THAI: News
Thread: THAI: News
View Single Post
Old Nov 26, 2016, 8:30 pm
Transpacificflyer

Programs: DL, AC, Bonvoy, Accor, Dusit
Originally Posted by Kacee
Agreed. The TG angle flat beats CX regional J. Each time I fly that seat, I like it less.
In my j TG flights BKK- HKG, and HKT-BKK over the past 3 years, I did not get a flat bed seat on the AB 380. I did however, get a decrepit B747, or AB 330 or B777. My B777 on the HKT route was so old that it had manual seat adjustments. I also had the dreaded 1990's era B747 J class seats on the main deck, the one where the galley is on one side of the J cabin.
How anyone can rave about TG food these days is beyond my comprehension. The entree on the BKK-HKG route is served on the heating plate with the entree either dried out or converted into a sloppy mess. Seriously, who would put rice in a little tissue cup, with the curry in a tissue cup, topped off with overcooked vegetables all in one small plate. It just becomes a soggy mess. It's bland and oily and might as well be served up from the microwave at 7-11. As for the TG lounge, I suppose if one likes Mama noodles, or the worn out seats or the odious tuna fish sandwiches or the palm oil pastries, then yes TG's overcrowded lounges are lovely.

If some are satisfied with TG, well bless them. I am glad someone is and I respect that personal choice. However, when one of the expanding members of *A goes outside the alliance to select a new codeshare partner on a route that should have gone to TG, it sends a rather obvious message. I wonder if any of the board members at TG is aware, let alone knows what countries Air Canada flies to.