FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - First Class Rimowa Kits?
View Single Post
Old Nov 26, 2016, 8:55 am
andyptrav

Programs: TG Plat
OMG, it is a sponge bag!
Well, that is what is was called in my youth. The total manufacturing cost must be all of £10 ($15 or whatever). Once you have one there is no use for another unless you are so sad as to want to collect different colours. I never open the sealed bag and just give them away. So long as the bathroom has a toothbrush set there is nothing I need in there.

I dunno, is this just a 'Look at me I flew first class' badge? Somewhat the same as the current fashion of wearing clothes with the label on the outside that shouts at everyone, 'Look at me, I paid £100+ for a shirt' - that more than likely was made in the same factory with the same cloth as one you can buy for under £10 without the stupid 'Designer Label'.

May I break this to you gently? The reason these shirts, sponge bag, or whatever cost so much has nothing to do with manufacturing cost or the quality, the horrendous cost is predominately marketing which, of course, includes paying star athletes, other sports pros and so called celebrities $1,000,000 plus a year for wearing the overpriced crap.

Last edited by andyptrav; Nov 26, 2016 at 9:13 am