FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Starwood Vienna: which one? [Master Thread]
Old Apr 20, 2004, 10:15 am
TravelScholar

Originally Posted by Shareholder
Can't recall if I was Plat or Gold last time I stayed at the Imperia, but even on an award was treated royally with small suite, albeit overlooking interior courtyard. Room had set up of fruit and water, letter of welcome from the manager, but also a box of nine small bite size Imperial Tortes! Yummm. Bought a couple of larger tortes before catching my flight home... Very civilized stay, all in all.
I've also received VERY GOOD treatment at the Imperial, even as Gold. Received nice upgrades...once to one of the largest suites I've ever stayed in at a hotel, and once to a very nice deluxe room with a large entry way and bathroom. Both very nice, and both with wonderful fruit baskets, Imperial Torte samples, and wine or water bottles. Never stayed at the Bristol, but I can tell you from my experiences at the Imperial, I've never had a reason to leave it. The location is only a couple blocks from the Bristol, so it's not exactly "out of the way". Central enough to be close to the action, but far away from the action to be a bit quieter.