FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Dear SWISS Lurker: Temporarily doubling the bill when paying with credit card
Old Nov 25, 2016, 6:21 pm
behuman

Location: my heart is on the shores of the north Italian lakes
Programs: LX Senator Lifetime, Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
Lightbulb other payment channels when booking online

Originally Posted by mbr
That lead to another charge of the same amount and the credit came back only about 10 days later. I even called the service center asking to credit back the amount but that did not speed it up at all.
It's not LX, but the clearing process within the credit card companies. This said, Swiss (the country) credit cards are a pain as soon as foreign currency and "reservations" of amounts are involved.

Why LX does not offer other payment channels for booking online. For Swiss (the country) based customers the set up of a LSV (direct debit) profile would be a solution. This is in general very quick and cost efficient.

I for myself am increasingly using real time bank transfers (unfortunately not possible with LX) where I get better currency exchange rates and where there is just a small charge instead of 1.75 to 2.5 % handling fee charged when paying in foreign currency in addition to the already bad exchange rate.

Credit cards as we know them in Switzerland are a huge scam and better used only for small amounts and in the currency associated to them.