FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Moderator needed for the Italy Forum [Moderator now named]
Old Nov 25, 2016, 4:36 pm
JBD

Moderator needed for the Italy Forum [Moderator now named]

I was just informed of this Suggestion Box by obscure2k, post #124 in this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/italy...here-stay.html

Unfortunately I don't have the time to step up to the plate, but if someone else has the time the Italy forum could seriously benefit from some organization.

At the least, if there could be master threads for making connections at the main airports.

Also, it would be great if there could be a master thread for "Where to stay in Rome", or something to that affect. Right now we have countless threads on the topic and while we have some very generous posters on that forum who will take the time to answer the same question over and over - it sure would be great if the info was organized as it is in other forums.

And if this forum can start to bear some resemblance to other FT forums, then a moderator could advise posters when they're straying from the topic. For instance, in the linked thread above, a moderator could encourage posters to stay OT, and if posting about cabs or pizza, the mod could move the posts to their dedicated "Where to eat" or "Transportation" threads. You know, the way other forums here are operated.

I do feel awkward making this suggestion, since I'm not willing to do it myself, but I recently noticed the Italy forum had been assigned an Ambassador, whatever that is! And so I put it out to those in charge of things around here - if the Italy forum can have an Ambassador, can't it also please have a dedicated moderator?