FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chase Sapphire Reserve (100,000 points, $4,000 spend, 3 months)
Old Nov 25, 2016, 8:31 am
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by yztim
Just curious, were you above 20/24 like we are when they approved your CSR?
DH was. I was under. The first thing the lending dept rep said was, your app was denied because you had "way too many new accounts in the past 2 years." For whatever reason she counted 2 more of the actual count I myself did. I pleaded each of those cards carry unique benefits that we needed. Since we were CPC would she kindly reconsider? She said if you were not CPC I would have already finished the call.
In any case she could approve on the spot if we only moved CL without asking for new credit - the latter would go up the chain according to her.
After finishing mine, I asked her to look at DH's. He had more new accounts but she did not balk again. Just finished the formality.

Our banker did not do anything after making 2 phone calls right after denials received at the branch immediately after sending in the applications. That is why I suspect your banker does not want to get involved just like ours.
I waited 2 days then called Lending myself. Should have called immediately - because of the delay our cards arrived the afternoon on the day we flew out in the morning on a 35 days trip. I had to SM Chase to freeze the cards when they lied in the waterheater closet outside our Condo unit without any security... Actually UPS dropped them by the door despite I requested them to be delivered to condo's management office. Our neighbor picked them up and put them inside the waterheater closet where they remained until we returned home more than a month later.

Last edited by Happy; Nov 25, 2016 at 9:07 am