FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - EK First vs EK J-class
View Single Post
Old Nov 23, 2016, 7:21 pm
m3red

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by 9wings
Strange. So because my two bags, that I have traveled thousands of miles with, are large in your view, this means my view is "ridiculous"?! Bless.

But I maintain that I will never in a million years recommend anyone spend a penny extra on flying EK F-class. It's terrible. Full stop.

But each to their own, I'll grant you that. If you like it and can live with baggage by your feet and no ottoman on takeoff and landing, by all means enjoy it. We all thankfully have different tastes.
Based on one f flight I think that's quite a strong statement. EK First ex uk is very competitively priced compared with BA on long haul routes - just ask MSM2000 who has become a bit of an F regular.

There are other advantages of First, dine on demand, 14 vs 76 people so it's far more private and in J it can take an age to get through the meal service, also the F lounge in Dubai airport is really quite good.

The IFE and screeen is one of the best things I've never had an issue with the resolution except for an a340 flight back from Oman in September in J. I also don't agree on the seat, in F the "lounge" position is really quite comfortable and superior to the J seat.

Seat storage is sometimes annoying if I have a few bags but then most of the time I'm lounging drinking DP so don't notice

Finally we all agree the booze is brilliant and the food is average- the caviar, soups, starters and cheese are good so just avoid the main or have the fish or pasta dishes

Last edited by m3red; Nov 23, 2016 at 10:13 pm