FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Apr 20, 2004, 5:56 am
Weatherboy

Programs: UA Global Services, HH Diamond
Lightbulb Which suite at the Maui Hyatt?

I'm planning to return to the Maui Hyatt this summer and would like to stay in a suite. I have two questions: what is the "lowest" deluxe rate eligible for a GP upgrade and what suite do they offer you when you upgrade with points?

Rates for the week I'm looking at vary from $555/night/deluxe ocean view to $405/night/Regency Club deluxe ocean view for a AAA rate. A partial ocean view is $465/night while a partial ocean view at the AAA rate is $347/night. Does the GP award requre "deluxe" in the descriptor or is anything with "ocean" ok? And are the AAA rates eligible for upgrades?

The website also offers floorplans of 3 of their 4 types of suites: a 554 sq. ft Ocean Suite, a 908 sq. ft Deluxe Ocean Suite, and a 2,307 sq. ft. Presidential Suite. The site describes a Palace Suite "set aside in its own area of the property" with 3 bedrooms but no floorplan or square footage is offered.

I guess I'd be aiming for the Deluxe Ocean Suite since the Ocean Suite isn't too much different from their standard room. (Although you'll get no complaints from me if they put me in the Presidential or Palace Suites .)