FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hotels.com won't ask hotel for proof of stay
Old Nov 23, 2016, 2:24 pm
Often1
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by LukeO9
More than just "sounds like", my post was definite in that the journey had already been completed.
Not a good idea to try alternative means until one has established good evidence of a failure on a company's part to address a legitimate concern. After a string of emails, I have proof of such failure.
Your post is contradictory, in that you can't fathom why a more immediate step was not taken, then predict difficulty in claiming compensation without "paper trail"-type evidence arising from a too hasty change in tactic.
Now having this "paper trail", constituting Hotels.com noncompliance in seeking irrefutable evidence of my stay, I doubt their response that "it has checked and that you did stay at the property" will be recognized.
Thanks for editing your OP to clarify what was far from clear before.

My post is not contradictory in the least.

I have simply pointed out that you face a perhaps insurmountable problem.

You, rather than hotels.com will need to gather the paper to demonstrate that you did not stay at the property and you will likely find that difficult as the property has as little incentive to be truthful with you as it does hotels.com.