FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chase Sapphire Reserve (100,000 points, $4,000 spend, 3 months)
Old Nov 23, 2016, 11:10 am
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by yztim
I applied for my spouse and was initially declined as expected due to 5/24. We are CPC, not prequalified. Called regular recon number and they said would send on. automated line went from 7-10 days to 30 days, then back to 7-10 after 24 hours. It stayed that way for several days and no new account online. CPC banker just told me to call lending services again. My wife yesterday called the JP Morgan recon number listed earlier in this thread, and she said he gave her a hard time because of "22/24" and denied. Is there anything else my CPC banker can do, because I know there is some subjectivity based on who you get in recon it sounds like.
Thanks
Are any of the 22 being AUs? If all of the 22 are her own then I suspect there is not much your CPC banker could do / would do. By way of telling you to call Lending Dept directly your CPC banker is subtlely telling you that he would not get involved. He is sending you a message and hope you take the hint.

If there are a number of AUs in the 22, then pointed that out, close the AUs to bring the 22 down to mid teen, then she might have a chance.

The Lending dept has 3 numbers listed on the Wiki of the Sticky on Applying Chase Cards. We had good luck using the 2nd one.

Finally, you do know that time is running out in order to be able to claim the 2016 Travel Credit. You might want to wait till 2nd half of January to redo it.