FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LondonHouse Chicago, Curio Collection by Hilton {US-IL}
Old Nov 23, 2016, 9:02 am
Steve Weagant

Programs: united, Hilton, Amtrak
There is a breakfast menu here. Skip the continental and order off the menu

The rooms are very modern with a variety of lighting options for so that you can have different brightness levels. The bathroom light operates by a motion sensor. The thermostat worked well enough to control the temperature.

I am a Hilton Gold and I have not seen much about the alternatives to the continental buffet. The offering on that are underwhelming. Our breakfast coupons did allow us a an 18 dollar per person credit to order off the menu. I recommend this. The menu has all of the hot breakfast items that are normally desired. The pancakes were some of the best that I have eaten in a hotel. Light and fluffy. We paid an additional 12 dollars. So prices were not too outrageous.

The service is can do here. The hotel was prepared to give me the room that I selected for on line check in. I changed my mind when when we pulled up and I saw a possibility for rooms that looked north down Michigan. The front desk agent cheerfully looked for one of these rooms.

The dining room staff was the same. Everybody was friendly. Service recovery was quick and friendly. An incorrect order was returned and delivered promptly and hot. Though I told the front desk agent there were two guests in the room, she only gave one coupon. I assumed this covered both. The waitress cheerfully went and got a second. This type of service overcomes small errors.

We enjoyed our stay.