FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Lounge Database | Far East
View Single Post
Old Nov 23, 2016, 3:58 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by A1pax
Going to be in Shanghai mid next year - flying out to LHR on BA. I understand that we can access the PVG T2 Dragonair/CX lounge. But, we also have priority pass cards and read in loungebuddy that there is a good lounge no. 77 China Eastern Plaza Premium lounge. Has anyone been to both? Which one is better? [When we were in Beijing a few years ago, we went to a third party lounge for BA F pax (cannot remember its name) and it was absolutely awful.]
Yes that old lounge was dreadful, but the Cathay lounge in PVG is a solid offering, modern with good natural light, it's bigger than it looks, it opens out at the back. I think they do noodles for the evening flight, but it's not there for the morning service to London. I can't comment on that Plaza Premium, other than that I also hold a PP card and rightly or wrongly it wouldn't occur to me to go anywhere other than the Cathay lounge at PVG.