FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA/Star Alliance: 2016 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed
Old Nov 22, 2016, 5:21 pm
Kmxu

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by david_oz
Hi all

I have 2xGPU's expiring in January 2017. Although its very early days, looking at my 2017 travel year, its likely I'll need a mileage run to retain 1K for 2018. So I'm thinking I'll do the mileage run in January and hopefully burn through the 2x GPU's at the same time.

Here's what I'm looking for:
Departure airport: Based in YYC. Open to travelling anywhere.
Miles needed: Any amount
Required spend or budget: Aiming for under C$7c/mile (US$5.2c)
Available travel dates: Weekends of Jan 13-15 or 20-22 (inclusive of the Friday or could also leave the Thursday evening)
Required metal or codeshares ok: At least one businessfirst sector has to be a guaranteed upgrade. I'm ok playing the lottery if the chances are decent (eg. P9, PN9 etc...). Also ok with codeshares on shorter legs

So far, I've been focusing my search around South East Asia but I'm not quite finding anything meeting the criteria. Any help would be appreciated.
Both SIN and HKG have very good W fares, within your cpm requirements. However, you will not get GPU confirmed at booking for the travel dates that you specified. If you want to have GPU confirmed, your travel dates have to be flexible, for example, on Tues-Thur.. Sorry that I cannot help you more. Good luck.