FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Pilots go on strike! Not again... [Nov 2016 edition]
Old Nov 22, 2016, 1:51 pm
gnargel

Programs: AA Exp
Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
But I still fail to see why they should, unless operational reasons affecting your previously made arrangements dictate otherwise. The aircraft operating today's evening flight to IST is smoothly en-route and it is painfully clear that it will not be going anywhere tomorrow because of the strike, meaning that your flight on the 24th should leave as scheduled. LH doesn't really have to confirm or disclose such details, as long as your booking remains unaffected by the current events.

G
We are getting a bit off topic here and I appreciate your input, but in my original post I started with stating "Neither the Dutch nor the US telephone numbers work. And they have not worked for several hours." I would have liked to be able to call them and ask them whether the outbound plane is indeed already in Istanbul before the start of the strike. If not, it is likely that my flight will be cancelled eventually and by that time it may be too late for me to make alternative arrangements.

In short: I know this strike was announced on quite short notice, but I still find it strange that calling them has been impossible (at least for me) for the past 9 hours....