FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Questions/Discussion About Hertz Ultimate Choice Service
Old Nov 22, 2016, 10:04 am
jackal
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by bergamini
Several posts in this thread reference the requirement to have a mid-size vehicle reserved to take advantage of the Ultimate Choice President's Circle benefit. I don't see that a mid-size vehicle class exists. There is Intermediate, Standard and Full-Size but no mid-size and that's even in the sticky in the Hertz forum. So I have an Intermediate reserved, does that count as mid-sized? I'm flying into FLL and while on business trips I really don't care about the car I get (which is good since Hertz cars have degraded for me over the past several years), but this is a long personal trip with drives between the Keys and I'd like the nicest car I can get. Should I change my reservation to full-size now?
I agree the terminology is unclear and Hertz should not use the term "midsize" in their official documentation if they do not also call the corresponding car class by the same name, but as others have mentioned, "midsize" is the industry colloquial name for "intermediate" (which is what all the internal systems call the ICAR/group C class, which is is what you need to book).