FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Dear SWISS Lurker: Temporarily doubling the bill when paying with credit card
Old Nov 22, 2016, 1:49 am
behuman

Location: my heart is on the shores of the north Italian lakes
Programs: LX Senator Lifetime, Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
Thumbs down Dear SWISS lurker, questionable business practice when handling credit cards

Originally Posted by behuman
I will keep you posted on how long this status will last.
Today, 10 days after ticket purchase, the "reserved" amount removed possibly itself from my credit card account.

This means, because LX not canceling the reservation after cashing the fare, I have been out of pocket by nearly EUR 9000 for seven days.

The credit card company clearly stated that they can do nothing as the fare has been charged with a separate authorization and that they can not cancel the previous funds reservation unless permitted by LX.

@:-) It would be really nice if ticket purchases on the LX website could be paid with bank transfer even if this would mean a small delay in issuing them. @:-) This would also eliminate the usage of credit cards, as unlikely in the US and other countries, credit card companies charge outrageous fees on foreign currency exchange and handling fees. Possibly nothing worse than Swiss (country) credit cards.

You can be the best airline (really mean it) and have appalling procedures when handling payments .