FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Slowly discovering DM's unpublished benefits
Old Nov 21, 2016, 12:23 pm
mxr

Programs: CX DM
Originally Posted by carmy
CX must really dislike me. I've been GO for the past year, and have never received anything before, even when flying on my birthday.

I also very rarely get a greeting on board, probably under 10 times in both J and Y.

Just the last weekend when I was on HKGTPE, the ISM came over to say hi to the DM next to me in the window seat. (I had the aisle).

She said the usual hello Mr DM spew, looked at me, looked at her iPad, and just moved on. This is not about GO or SL or GR or AM, but I thought it would be only polite to say hello to the pax you were stretching over? Or maybe I just have overly high expectations!
I think I got greeted on nearly every flight except for maybe 1 or 2 since I became GO. Then again, I'm on a fast-track to DM so hopefully that plays a role

Other than that, I do agree with you that the polite way would have been to at least say hello to you too since they stretch over people like as if they weren't even there.

On my most recent TPEHKG the FP greeted me at the window and then also said hi to the pax next to me who I dont believe was DM/GO. I did think that was nice of her, since she was invading her space...