FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Canadian Offer - Marriott® Rewards Premier Visa Card
Old Nov 21, 2016, 11:40 am
pokee

Excessive Card Holds/Re-issues Because of "Fraud"

I have to say I'm not a fan of this card anymore. I've held it for 4 years or so and while I LOVE that it's a hotel reward card and that I save the 2.5 foreign txn fees, I am TIRED of Chase.

When I first got this card, they would sometimes put arbitrary 'fraud holds' on the card because of places I shopped (like Gamer stores, or small shops) and I'd have to call in to verify that I've shopped at those places to get the hold released.

But in the past year or so, I think I've had this card put on hold and reissued about 3 times due to 'fraud suspicion'. I had this happen again last week, where they put a hold on it just one day before I was supposed to go on a trip (where I'd be using this card exclusively). I had to call them to ask them to take the hold off for my trip, and that I'd re-issue it when I got back. So I did this, and when I did I asked them what fraud was suspected. They said they didn't know. Visa just told them my account was flagged. How? Why? For what? See - this is what pisses me off! Is it a specific store? Is it a website? Should I stop using this card at that store or website?! If there is a specific reason why my card needs to keep getting re-issued, maybe I should be aware of this, wouldn't you say? But they have NO IDEA why. Nothing. Visa just gives them a list and says, "re-issue these ones". So I don't have access to this card for 2 weeks now, have to update all of the websites that I have pre-approved transactions set up for this. Jeez...it's just such a pain every single effin time. But they've got NO INFO for me.

Any idea how I can find out why my card keeps needing to get re-issued? If their fraud department can't tell me, who can?