FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chase Sapphire Reserve (100,000 points, $4,000 spend, 3 months)
Old Nov 20, 2016, 9:51 pm
tmiw
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Cardboard55
You don't even have to do that. Just put the phone up to the reader, and it will pop up the prompt for your fingerprint. I do it all the time. It takes way less time than a chip card (especially since I usually already have the phone in my hand anyway).

I will grant that it's a bit more work if you want to use a card other than the default, but I rarely do (and I'd be willing to bet that the vast majority of consumers have a single card they use almost all the time).

Edit: and by "a bit more work," I mean tapping the stack of cards at the bottom of the payment screen and picking the one you want. A very little bit more work (less work than shuffling through my wallet for the physical card I want to use).

I think the people talking about the difficulty of using Apple Pay have never actually tried or seen it...
I actually find double-tapping to be slightly faster than waiting for the phone to detect the NFC signal. Though maybe the 6S/7 have improved in that regard.

What would really be nice is if the Apple Watch didn't require double-tapping the button for the default credit/debit card (like with Suica on the Japanese version).