FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Slowly discovering DM's unpublished benefits
Old Nov 20, 2016, 8:09 pm
KACommuter

Programs: CX DM
Originally Posted by sscywong
After a number of flights recently suddenly want to take this sinking post up again...

Anyone knows the criteria / condition for actively (not asking) giving out evian / other water these days?

While giving out no water is slowly becoming norm for me (whether on CX or KA, mostly to PEK / PVG / TPE), most disappointing incident recently was while crew gave out evian to the should-also-be-DMs in front of me and on the other side of the aisle BUT NOT ME...... Last month also saw crew giving water to another passenger on the other side but not me again.......

Every time if I'm so in need of water that I need to ask for one, I'd already in very bad mood and would never ask in a good manner (i.e. would become one of the DYKWIA DM.....) and understand that the crew are so busy I just tend to wait till meal time.......... Don't know how long I can tolerate their service decline.....
I've always been given a bottle when in Y without fail, even on short routes under 2 hours which I have done a lot of recently.