FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Travel Packages
View Single Post
Old Nov 19, 2016, 9:05 am
alc

RE: 7 nights cert

I know this was discussed recently, but I just want to fully understand what can vs. what can't do.

A few of my friends/co-worker who were mainly SPG in the past had caught on to Marriott Travel Package with the SPG-Marriott 1 to 3 transfer. So, a lot of them have lots of these 7 nights cert (1-5 for now) in their account after all the recent transfer promo (UA 20K max / AA 20% / AP 30%).

Here is a couple yes/no questions:

1) Can the member book hotel reservation and add "someone else" name to the reservation for that "someone else" to check-in and stay at the hotel without the member even show-up?

2) Can the member "transfer" that 7-nights cert to someone else Marriott account for that "someone else" to book a reservation from this "someone else" account on their own?

If 2) is yes, here are a few more questions:

a) Does this "someone else" get the 7 night stay credits toward his/her elite qualification or does that stay with the original member.

b) As mentioned that the cert is only CAT 1-5 now, can this "someone else" use his/her own points from his/her account to upgrade to CAT 6 or higher cert? or this upgrading the cert need to be done from the original member first before transfer over.

Thanks in advance for your help.