FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - "Fare free" tickets given on delayed flights
Old Nov 19, 2016, 1:15 am
Knobbgb

Programs: A3 *G
Originally Posted by winkny
I think these thickets are only valid intra greece , but i can be wrong.
It depends. They give domestic tickets for domestic delays and international tickets for international.

As for the argument about these being a "con", I'm in the middle on that. As others have said, they're pretty much a waste of time unless you happen to be able to use them on a particularly high-fare route/day. I'm not sure what the availability would be - i.e. do they only book into the lower booking classes or can you use them right up to full economy fare? In that case they WOULD be worthwhile.

The problem with these is that while most of us understand the limitations and don't get too excited about them, the average traveler may see things differently. Friends of mine were quite excited that they had two free flights to anywhere but when I explained the restrictions they just felt they had been deceived and were disappointed and quite "anti" A3 - far unhappier than the 2hr delay had made them in the first place. So I think it sometimes just creates negative publicity.

Has anybody here actually used one yet? Maybe somebody who has one for an international ticket (I only have domestic) could volunteer to call up to make a "mock" booking - choose a nearly full flight in a few days time and see if they offer availability. Also it would be interesting to see if they charge the 20 Euro call-centre fee too.