FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: Business Extra Program master thread (consolidated)
Old Nov 18, 2016, 1:37 pm
FleyeSkyHigh

Originally Posted by mvoight
If this is true, why can't the agents see the availability and book it when you call them, without needing to book a Saver award online first? When calling them to book in the past, the availability they show always seemed to be different from what I can see for Saver awards
I don't think this is true any longer. Domestic 2-class saver awards book out of U inventory where upgrades require C. However, anecdotally I have noticed that U and C inventory seem closely correlated. For example, if I book a U seat BOTH U and C decrease by qty=1.

As far as agents go, Meeting Services still uses a combination (or actually BOTH) of the old and new systems (nice web front end vs old mainframe interface) as all their initial ticketing is done on the new system but the old system lets them add things like upgrades, ect, without re-issuing It's really quite a mess and with the new coding changes it's even worse for us and them.