FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton Grand London Park Lane, London, United Kingdom [Master Thread]
Old Nov 17, 2016, 11:48 pm
itsaboutthejourney
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Think of the lounge as beverages only and you'll be happy

Good recent stay here. Nice to see the renovations complete.

Mix-up with suite nights: they downgraded me but they made the best of the situation. I love that suites offer Molton Brown soaps instead of the rather down-market Shine stuff in most Sheraton suites.

The Club Lounge is beautiful; lots of great seating options: tables, booths, couches, even a boardroom with a large TV and its own coffee machine. Service in the lounge was very attentive with the staff offering to refill drinks and make tea/coffee. I loved that espresso and tea were seemingly available 24/7 with take-away cups. Same with water and soda. Evenings had wine + a small selection of alcohol and mixers. The disappointment was the food: on most of my visits only 1 of the hot trays had something on offer and what was on offer was unappetizing. There were crocks of dry things to scoop from (pretzels, cookies, bad nuts, etc.) and in the evening there were tiny canapes, but no veggies or cheese. Not that I was looking for a meal, but didn't find the selection evening worth whetting my appetite.

Breakfast was better, but never any meats nor potatoes (I know, American). Lots of breads, decent fruits and always 1 egg dish. It made me miss the full breakfast on offer prior to the lounge.

Last edited by itsaboutthejourney; Nov 18, 2016 at 10:06 am Reason: typo fix