FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Old Timer's Airline Quiz and Discussion.
View Single Post
Old Nov 17, 2016, 2:21 pm
jlemon
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Plat, lots of AA, AS, DL, UA miles, former top level CO Elite (sigh...)
Originally Posted by jrl767
call me a curmudgeon if you will, but DCA doesn't have a middle name, and its only first name is "Washington" ... and this was CERTAINLY the case in 1987

back on topic --
5- Jet America (SI) operating a MadDog (MD80) DCA-SNA via Minneapolis, Seattle, and Portland
Now, now jrl767...no reason to get excited there, especially since such ranting can raise one's blood pressure, you know, which is certainly not good for us Old Timers!

And, of course, I stand corrected as I believe the name Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport* was not applied to DCA until 1998.

You are also correct with regard to Jet America. Here's the sched.....

SI 407: Washington National (DCA) 11:00a - 12:45p Minneapolis/St. Paul (MSP) 1:15p - 2:50p Seattle (SEA) 3:30p - 4:10p Portland (PDX) 4:40p - 7:00p Orange County (SNA)
Op: Daily
Meal services: Lunch DCA-MSP, Lunch MSP-SEA, Dinner PDX-SNA
Equip: MD82

Also in 1987, Jet America was acquired by Alaska Airlines. And I'm willing to bet that AS paid quite a bit less to buy SI when compared to the agreed upon amount concerning their recent purchase of Virgin America.

* - We flew out of DCA this past Saturday and I believe this is the official name for the airport.

Last edited by jlemon; Nov 17, 2016 at 3:41 pm