FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - World of Hyatt [Pre-Launch]
View Single Post
Old Nov 17, 2016, 7:39 am
edcho

Originally Posted by BearX220
Not too many "sheep" are staying 60 nights per year with any chain. If you're on the road THAT much you are probably somewhat conscious of program mechanics. And because Hyatt properties are so thin on the ground, unless you have really heavy, standard travel patterns to principal cities, 60 nights is such a high bar, the numerical majority of customers is going to say the hell with it.

Hyatt is my #3 chain, after Hilton and Marriott, for this reason. I like Hyatt properties best but the don't exist where I'm going much of the time, or are indefensibly expensive next to the competition. So the program has been a minor factor for me and will be a zero factor now.

I think Hyatt is adopting the Delta Air Lines approach -- that an organization can do very well with a bad loyalty program as long as it's operationally good. For most customers DL SkyMiles is not a magnet anymore. WoH will end up being relevant and useful to very few customers IMO, which is probably by design.
+100. Hyatt was my #1 when I had a Hyatt around. However, with this change, it dropped completely off my list of hotel chains. Alteast now i'm now projected to finish Marriott with 115 nights now (probably more).

The way HGP/WOH team been executing in the past year (with those insane status matches) made me very concerned about this programs future and this radical change just confirmed that this program is falling off the tracks. Maybe they are trying DL's philosophy but it just feels so poorly executed (everything from the T&C to the AMA).

I'm just sad to leave cause I was such a cheerleader for Hyatt with my F&F + coworkers.