FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Yotel cdg 2e-l
Thread: Yotel cdg 2e-l
View Single Post
Old Nov 17, 2016, 6:15 am
Goldorak
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Bill_Luv2Fly
Reporting live after having just left the yotel. Getting to the yotel from an inbound international flight arriving into T2E-K (inbound from Canada) was super easy: we followed the signs for transfers, and upon reaching the central area (where we could go through security or transfer to other concourses of T2), there were signs for the yotel, which directed us to take the train to T2E-K. Upon getting off the train, rather than passing through security, we walked straight ahead about 80m to the yotel.

So to be clear (this was not clear to me, but maybe would be obvious to others who frequently connect in T2E), the hotel is in the international transit area, but outside the secure area. Provided you arrive on an international flight into T2E (where you effectively arrive in the international transit area outside security), you don't have to pass through passport control or security to get to the yotel. No need to show anyone plane tickets or passport, or a hotel confirmation or wait in any lines. You just walk/ride a train.

Upon departure from the hotel, we walked back the 80m towards where we got off the train, and went through security, and then proceeded with our transfer to T2E-G. We rode the red line shuttle bus that is within the secure international transit area. As T2E-G is for schengen flights, upon arrival to G we 'entered' France going through passport control (leaving the international transit area) and then proceeded to our gate.

Overall, would highly recommend the yotel. It is exceedingly convenient. As I was traveling with family, I was very pleased that it was relatively quick to get there. FYI, there are three kiosks for checking in, so nothing should take long between your international arrival and laying down for a nap. If I still lived on the east coast and was arriving CDG in the early morning, I'd consider naping at the yotel for four hours or so before heading into Paris. It's a great option to Maui and freshen up when you know you won't likely be able to get into your Paris hotel room until early afternoon.
Thank you for this 1st report ! I believe this will be helpful for other people on this forum