FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Increased luggage allowance with max no. of pieces..Starting from Sep 15
Old Nov 16, 2016, 2:34 am
Ausriver

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by corfe mixture
So are you saying that, if my wife and I (who have J class tickets with the old 30kg baggage allowance) turn up at LHR, HKG (Central) and SYD with three bags weighing around 68kg and 5kg each of hand baggage, I will definitely not need to re-pack at the airport and move some items into our cabin baggage in order to get our checked bags down to a total of 60kg?

Particularly interested in confirmation for HKG (Central), as we have an evening flight out the SYD and it is our intention to take our checked bags to Central station in the morning and, as we will be checking out of the hotel around lunchtime, we don't have any real need to take our hand baggage with us when we go to Central to check in.

68kg for 2 J Pax should be fine, both in the old system or current system. If you're worried, you could even call up CX and ask for them for update the luggage allowance to current for you. I have done it once for one of my J ticket issued before 15th Sep, the agent was little confused at the beginning and said she would check with manager, 30 minutes later, I received the updated ticket in the email and a phone call. However I'm not sure if my DM status helped.