FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Dear SWISS Lurker: Temporarily doubling the bill when paying with credit card
Old Nov 15, 2016, 6:58 am
behuman

Location: my heart is on the shores of the north Italian lakes
Programs: LX Senator Lifetime, Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
Thumbs down Dear SWISS Lurker: Temporarily doubling the bill when paying with credit card

I noticed anomalies when booking on www.swiss.com and paying with a Swiss issued credit card in EUR currency in the past. The correct amount of the tickets purchased was immediately reserved and deduced from my credit limit. After the amount was booked, the reserved amount still showed, diminishing my credit limit the double it should.

This time I wanted to know exactly: Booked tickets with my favorite airline on Saturday 12 November and the amount matching the tickets issued showed immediately as reserved. Today 15 November the same amount was booked with the reserved amount still showing on my online statement.

As a result of this (as the amounts are high) I am over my credit limit .

I will keep you posted on how long this status will last. In all cases it is unacceptable that LX after booking the correct amount did not duly cancel the reserved one. I guess they are just counting on it that it drops out by itself. No drama in my case as I am aware of the problem, but still unacceptable. SQ manages to process bookings correctly in comparison.