FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chase closed my credit card account(s) [Archived 2013-mid 2019]
Old Nov 15, 2016, 4:01 am
jk2

Originally Posted by Happy
You bring eyes to look at your history with Chase and someone realized you have been shut down in the past (and more than once, right?) and view you have a history of "unsatisfactory relationship".

What is the nature of the dispute?
How much is the amount?
Did you file it online or over the phone?

IIRC someone reported Citi shut down his accounts also from a dispute. Citi viewed that as fraudulent activity committed by the cardholder versus duplicate charge he disputed. It was on the Citi shut down thread. The poster never came back to give more information, unfortunately.

This article is eye-opening to those think dispute is the way to go on anything they dont agree to pay. It carries consequence when cardholders file false dispute (not saying yours might be) as banks now are working with companies specialized in battling this misnomer "friendly fraud".

<<Here’s how a Tampa Bay company is trying to help businesses battle credit card fraud>>

http://www.tbo.com/news/business/her...raud-20161111/

I purchased a water slide for my daughter online, but it was never delivered. The charge was ~$50, almost twice cheaper than on amazon. I waited for 2 weeks, tried to contact merchant, but his "store" wasn't available anymore. As luck would have it, I paid it with my Fairmont Visa. So, I have to file a dispute regarding this charge - I called Chase, explain everything. Few days ago, I received a letter from Chase, that states that merchant replied to them confirming that Charge was 'legal'. I had to call Chase again, talked to a stupid rep from India, and explained again, that charge may be legal, but merchant didn't send me anything. She "agreed" and told me to wait 30 days. A week later, my account is closed.

Now, it makes sense, because before my last shutdown, I also had to dispute a charge with Chase, but it was bigger amount. What a stupid bank.