FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chase closed my credit card account(s) [Archived 2013-mid 2019]
Old Nov 14, 2016, 9:04 pm
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jk2
Chase just closed my CC (Fairmont Visa), again. Opened single CC after last shutdown, met spending requirement very slow (very little MS). Paid my bills using linked checking account. I have no idea what went wrong. My only suggestion is due to small disputed charge I submitted with one merchant.
You bring eyes to look at your history with Chase and someone realized you have been shut down in the past (and more than once, right?) and view you have a history of "unsatisfactory relationship".

What is the nature of the dispute?
How much is the amount?
Did you file it online or over the phone?

IIRC someone reported Citi shut down his accounts also from a dispute. Citi viewed that as fraudulent activity committed by the cardholder versus duplicate charge he disputed. It was on the Citi shut down thread. The poster never came back to give more information, unfortunately.

This article is eye-opening to those think dispute is the way to go on anything they dont agree to pay. It carries consequence when cardholders file false dispute (not saying yours might be) as banks now are working with companies specialized in battling this misnomer "friendly fraud".

<<Here’s how a Tampa Bay company is trying to help businesses battle credit card fraud>>

http://www.tbo.com/news/business/her...raud-20161111/

Last edited by Happy; Nov 14, 2016 at 9:15 pm