FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CDG Airport in Paris Experience Terminal 2D to 2E
Old Nov 13, 2016, 12:17 pm
TowardsTheSky

CDG Airport in Paris Experience Terminal 2D to 2E

If you ever have to go to CDG - don't.

An hour layover on CDG in Paris, enough time? Regarding the airline 'no problem' .

Arriving on time, knowing which terminal to go to I asked for a front row seat before landing. From the door opening - a sprint starts - along long corridors with only a few information panels. To change terminals you need to leave the airport and check in again. Arriving at the connection terminal on my paper, I get the information that it changed. Running outside, crossing a parking lot to the new terminal, the checkin line I find is the longest I have ever seen, keep sprinting past it. (yes, I am skipping it, total chaos left and right nobody even notices). Getting through a prior check gate, keep sprinting past the line as my request for help replies 'everyone's late, fly tomorrow'. Arriving at the last part of the line I can't skip further and wait another 45min. People here tell me they've been waiting for 3-4 hours. The security check notifies me that I have to get on a train to the gate - sprinting there and jumping in just before the doors closed. Next, luggage check, another (though much shorter) line. They open my carry-on bag and empty everything. At this point my flight is 30min late, but I have only 5min to departure. Pack the bag back up, keep sprinting. Reached the gate and got in at the last minute.

I made it in 1,5 hours. Without skipping lines and constant sprinting it could have been 5.