FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Royal Ambassador experiences (Archive Thread 2016)
Old Nov 13, 2016, 5:55 am
cazane

IC Seoul COEX

Originally Posted by cazane
Intercontinental Seoul COEX

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes, I have enjoyed my stay.

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked cheapest room ( King Bed Standard) got upgraded to King Bed Elite River View room with club at the 18th floor. It's the first time at COEX I did receive only a one level upgrade, before I got mostly a two room corner suite with club access upgrade.
Royal Ambassador letter reads "Prepared to next Room category ..... Club access ", so this may be a general policy change.
Since I travelled alone, I was totally satisfied with the room. A higher upgrade won't make it much better.

How are the rooms?
Spacious bath room with bath tub and shower separated.
Room is spacious, but has only one armchair. Perfect room if you are travelling alone as I did.

How is the exec. lounge?
Breakfast has a wide selection including 4-6 warm dishes, and egg dishes you can order. Also, which is important for me, there were salad and vegetables available.
For Dinner they had four warm dishes, including always Korean pancakes, some salad and other side dishes. It's fine, but not high quality (as the restsaurant at the ground floor)! and not comparable to 4-5 years ago. Since I am usually out for dinner in Korea, I do not care much about this.
Staff at the lounge is really great!

Did you receive a welcome gift?
Fruits, three bottles of sparkling water, and chocolate.
(The sparkling water, because they know about my preference)
No mouse pads and/or note pads from national museum, no whine as at former stays.

How was the minibar?
Minibar was filled with a lot of Diet Coke (as I have requested about three years ago), around 5 beer, Softdrinks and some hard stuff in mini bottles.
I was happy they still remember I am not into sugar water.

What was good and what was bad?

-Good
  • They have filled the minibar with more Diet Coke than I can drink. (Have asked for that years ago)
  • Great staff at the club.
  • Turn-down service fills up instant coffee.
  • Lounge has prepared take-out coffee cups near the coffee machine, you do not need to ask for it.
-Bad
  • The tomato juice at the lounge is too sweet (as everywhere in Korea)
Value for $ or Priority Club Points?
Great value.
Would you return?
Yes I will.
Another stay at COEX. My review from one month ago applies to this stay, too.
Cheapest room, upgraded to King Bed Club Superior on 25th floor. Different naming, but the rooms were basically the same.
At check-in they told me they have prepared more sparkling water instead of wine because I do not like wine. I did not object to this interpretation, but at least I know now, why there is no wine as a welcome gift.