FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Waikoloa Village {US-HI}
View Single Post
Old Nov 12, 2016, 2:14 pm
cawhite

Programs: UA 1K 2MM Flier, SPG Plt, Hilton Dia
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
Darn! I booked Lagoon Tower because I read that they had the least amount of bird noise...but dawn and dusk are fine, I heard reviews that 1, 2, 3 am in the Ocean Tower was noisy birds (I keep wanting to type "Angry Birds" because of my grandson )...
We just returned from a stay in the Ocean Tower and when the birds were at their peak your "angry birds" reference would pop into my mind. Sunrise this week was around 6:30 - in our experience they would start around 5:15 or 5:30 and were generally done (and gone) by 6:15. Sunset was around 5:45 and they were loud from about 5:30 for an hour. While we could hear them from inside our room, we didn't think they were loud enough to wake someone up unless a very light sleeper.

As mentioned upthread, Diamonds receive complimentary Big Island Breakfast - not including gratuity and the "diamond benefits" card does specify that it applies to the buffet only (unfortunately I didn't think to ask if one could use it for menu choices). Very nice buffet with a lot of options, both hot and cold including an omelet station which had long lines most mornings.

We booked and stayed in Ocean Tower/Ocean View at 55k points/night.