FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SFO G UC closed, reopens as Polaris Lounge 30 Apr 2018, old GFL is now the intl UC
Old Nov 11, 2016, 7:24 pm
wxguy

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
Originally Posted by MBS MillionMiler
I know you're outbound, but for others who may be inbound to SFO, everyone forgets about the vastly superior Arrivals Lounge. (Pre-security, post-Customs). Not sure of criteria to get in, but I know BF and GF customers can access--not sure about 1K or GS in Economy, but I'm sure our resident experts can advise quickly without research.

I was just there last week after my flight from China. Four flights all arriving at the same time. In the hour I spent in there, I was one of 4 people that used it...Out of what, 200-ish premium pax?

The shower room was very nice (extra towels upon request), hot and cold food (food is somewhere between the UC and the FCL--they did have smoked salmon). Staff was super friendly and helpful. Seems as if people just don't know about this place...I'd have stayed longer, but wanted to get to the AMEX Lounge (which does have ONE shower stall, but I didn't want to chance it).
GS on any ticket, (Y, C, or F -- revenue or award), arriving from an international destination can access the Arrivals Lounge. 1Ks can access arriving on any C or F international ticket (including upgrades and awards). Guests are never permitted.

Last edited by wxguy; Nov 11, 2016 at 7:31 pm