FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SFO G UC closed, reopens as Polaris Lounge 30 Apr 2018, old GFL is now the intl UC
Old Nov 11, 2016, 5:43 pm
MBS MillionMiler
Used to be MBS PremExec

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Marriott Titanium w/Lifetime Plat, Hilton LIfetime ♢, National Exec, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by restlessinRNO
How are the wines? Do they offer champagne, I wonder. Thanks.
Yeah, can't help with that. The last thing on my mind at 6:30am after sleeping on a 12hour flight was wine. Sorry, can't help with that.

Originally Posted by Tennen
That's actually a good idea, even though the lounge is tiny. I doubt many would take advantage of it, since it's landside and not really easy to find... Besides, the agents can't be any worse than the GFL dragons...
I found the staff to be more than friendly and accommodating. The check-in guy (had a Global Svcs name tag) was more than helpful in trying to correct an issue I had. I was warmly welcomed, shower attendant was super friendly, and after the shower, sitting down for a bite another another agent came over to tell me about all of the food selections. Admittedly, even by that time I was one of two people in the lounge.

Originally Posted by Kacee
Lounge is too small. Can really only accommodate about 8-10 pax at a time.
I'd say a little more. Probably a dozen seats, plus the shower suites...Since I was early, I was right near the entrance side of the hall, but there's at least 6, maybe 8 or 10 shower suites.

And yes, as IAH-OIL-TRASH said, generally, the AMEX Centurion Lounge trumps all (but only one shower)...But you need an Amex card.