FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Japan to begin Trusted Traveler Program (TTP) on Nov 1, 2016
Old Nov 8, 2016, 12:25 pm
MrJBoy

Programs: UA & AA 1 million miler
Originally Posted by Steve M
The reason for getting them in advance would be to avoid the regular immigration line on the next visit after passing the primary approval process online. I vaguely remember seeing a sign that said "registration" near the automated gates in the arrival hall. Presumably, if you've passed primary inspection, and go there to complete secondary inspection and have your revenue stamps, you could get your card and pass through the gates on that visit. I know it's not a terribly important thing in the long run, but on recent visits the line has been 30+ minutes each time, with the last time filling up the entirety the switchbacks and spilling out into the open area. It's not something to look forward to after arriving on a 12+ hour flight.
It says in Japanese you need to enter Japan first to get the secondary inspection.
Also, I check where the designated registration counters are located, and I don't see any counters in the arrival area at the airports. All registration counters at the airports are located in the departure area not arrival area such as departure examination area or international departure lobby.