FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IC Thalasso Bora Bora Master Thread [merged]
Old Nov 5, 2016, 5:01 pm
BoraYa

Originally Posted by cuzzybro
The Nov 10th night was mine, and Im currently at the Thalasso so your guess was wrong . I had booked 7 consecutive nights at Thalasso, but decided 6 was enough and dropped the Nov 10th night to spend more time at Le Moana. First impressions, the Thalasso is great but I feel like its overhyped. Water is definitely clear and beautiful but in my honest opinion we've experienced better elsewhere in the world. Overwater villa is pretty nice, but as others have pointed out there is some wear and tear starting to show. The construction is actually pretty quiet and we arent affected. They put us near the 230-240 villas and the view is partially of the beach and the mountain, so pretty good on that front. Overall, good but not great.
This is smart, go to the Moana sooner and request an overwater bungalow if you must, it is smaller but you will have an excellent condition bungalow and you will have your own private reef under the couch table to view fish or snorkel privately. The water all around the resort at the Lemoana is no more than 1 to 1.4 meters deep or 4 ft deep. Go across from the lobby to the beach and enjoy, also go to Blue Coco for excellent paroquet fish or italian dishes with prawns or tuna. You wont spend more than 100 dollars for a meal for two with drinks. Get the Bora Gold Pass magazine with discounts and the free welcome cocktail. You wont regret the move, the Thalasso offers absolutely nothing and the unsightly crane is enough for those who know better to move on quickly. Even the beach bungalow at the le moana is a gift if compared with hawaii and no there is no "base rooms" like some people here have said.

Last edited by BoraYa; Nov 5, 2016 at 5:05 pm Reason: No base rooms in french polynesia!