FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Caesars (Total Rewards) Diamond Status from FoundersCard
Old Nov 5, 2016, 1:49 pm
skyscanner

Programs: BA Gold
Hi,

So yesterday I got upgraded from Gold to Diamond via the Founders card. I saw that my status changed online, so I first went to Rio to get the new card. With it, I was able to access the Diamond lounge at Rio.

I then took the shuttle and went into the Diamond Lounge at Harrah's. The dragon lady initially refused me entry, as the system showed that the card was Gold. I explained to her that I got it through the Founders card and she let me in.

Afterwards, I went across the street to Caesars. to check out their Diamond Lounge as well. The dragon there was very nice and chatty when taking my diamond card and my ID, but turned red and nasty when his system also showed the card as Gold. He referred me to the TR desk.

I complained at the TR desk. The lady there first said I was downgraded because I had not played enough (although the card shows 01/2017 as the expiration date). Then I talked to the supervisor, who took my Id, my Diamond card, my phone with the TR app and the emails with the Founders card representatives about the TR upgrade. After half an hour, they were able to solve the issue and my status appeared as Diamond in their system. I got to enjoy my 3rd Diamond lounge of the night.

I am happy that the upgrade was done and that it only took 2 weeks to do so. However, the facial expressions of the TR representatives I met at Harrah's and Caesar's were insinuating that the card I had was a fake and that I was a fraudster. I was never told this in words, but this is what they believed. I can't blame them tough, because when I initially applied for the Founders card, paid the fee and the inquired about it on the BA forum, I too was told it was a scam.

Does CET not train their employees with information about the Founders card and how it is possible to get this Diamond status without playing and spending at Caesars properties?