FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Luanda Airport - worth getting a transit visa to leave for a few hours?
Old Nov 4, 2016, 8:06 pm
cargueiro

Programs: OZ Diamond, QR Gold, HH Gold, IHG Plat, Accor Plat
At 30€ I'll give it a try
Just bear in mind the immigration officer at LAD may feel your visa is not suitable for entry into Angola. This visa was designed for overlanders! There is a chance you may be denied entry - but as you are transit this will not be a problem. You might just lose EUR30 or so...

How early should I get to the airport before my flight? Will TAAG give me all the BPs at check-in at WDH? I'm trying to see if a friend of a friend is in town and can show me around a bit.
I would advise getting to airport 90 mins before departure at the very minimum. By 90 mins I mean in the check in hall - not parking etc! I have absolutely no idea if TAAG will give you a BP in Windhoek - I would assume not! If it does, this will be a nice surprise! I really would not venture far from airport as traffic is unpredictable and the new TAAG management are trying to make aircraft depart ontime. If you are one minute late, you may be denied.

Welcome to the new TAAG!

Thanks!

And thanks again for the tips!
Apologies - I was there today but forgot. I went for lunch in Crystal lounge which was very disappointing and pretty pricey for what was delivered.

I am back on Monday so will try to remember to enquire at PALL.