FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - My doubt: stick to BAEC or change?
View Single Post
Old Nov 4, 2016, 11:03 am
Danusa86

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK Gold, Accor Gold
My doubt: stick to BAEC or change?

Hi All,

For some years I have been a FF on SkyTeam and StarAlliance (Gold on both) and have just recently achieved status level also on One World, through BAEC. I have recently qualified as Silver.

When I chose to join BAEC and switch some of my business to OW, the recent "enhancements" had not yet been announced otherwise I feel I may have chosen a different program.

I am now undecided whether I should stick to BAEC or not as my fear is that Sr. Cruz will continue to "enhance" the airline (and possibly its FF program) beyond repair.

In the next few months I have two trips booked on Qatar J (R Class) and a few Y class trips booked for short-haul European travel.

If I credited these flights to BAEC they would be enough to make me reach BAEC Gold, something I've been looking forward to as it would allow me to use 1st class lounges.

However I am worried that BAEC might soon becomes a less valuable program and I am considering the possibility of crediting these flights to a different program (maybe Qatar Privilege Club), as they would be enough to reach Qatar Gold while continuining to enjoy BA Silver benefits.

What is your opinion on this matter? What do you expect BAEC to become in the medium to long run? Keep in mind the more valuable perk to be is status during travel (fast track, lounges, priority boarding etc), rather than miles.

Should I stick to BAEC and reach Gold hoping that it doesn't get enhanced too much or should I aim for status on a different program?

Thank you !